You all blew it out of the water last week. I was so surprised how many of you went the extra mile and made your own gnocchi from scratch. Now that is above and beyond!
This week's recipe is a great one for weeknight meal! It cooks all day while you are at work or going about your business and is an easy throw together at mealtime.
About the Cut:
Great, rich flavor perfect for slow and low cooking.
This large primal comes from the shoulder area and yields cuts known for their rich, beefy flavor. Features roasts ideal for slow-cooking as well as more tender, grill-ready cuts such as the Flat Iron Steak.
Optimal Cooking Methods: Braising, Pressure Cooking, Slow Cooking
*Information taken from www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com
Beef Burrito Bowls
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Beef Broth
Juice of 1 Lime
2 Heaping TBSP Tomato Paste
1/2 Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, chopped (can add more depending on your spice level)
2 tsp Adobo Sauce
Burrito Bowl toppings:
Brown or White Rice
Fire Roasted Corn*
** You can use any ingredients you prefer!
1. Mix together the ingredients for the dry rub and rub on all sides of the chuck roast.
2. Place chuck roast in the slow cooker.
3. Mix together the liquid ingredients and pour around the chuck roast.
4. Set slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours
5. At time to serve, shred the chuck roast in the cooking liquid.
6. Serve with your favorite burrito ingredients
* I used canned fire roasted corn
** I also topped ours with some smoked salt for a little extra flavor
*** I froze the leftover meat and purchased a bag of Birds Eye Power Blend veggies and rice to have with it for a quick last-minute dinner on another night when time is running short, or I haven't planned a meal